farangopolis

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Iranian elections

I'll be taking my oral exam in two days and after that I'll have a lot more guilt-free time for blogging!

If you have been following the Iranian elections news, you probably know that Moin, the reformist presidential candidate was re-instated. Good news for letter N. :-).

Another letter N. which I read almost daily (NY Times) seems to like Rafsanjani quite a bit, though. Two articles about him in one day! Read them here and here.

Moin may not be as practical for Iran's situation today, as Rafsanjani would be with his "pragmatism." But I cannot get myself to like this guy, even a little bit. I like what he says about American democracy and elections here, though, I have to admit.

|

The sidebar image is taken from Mahmoud Pakzad's "Old Tehran", Did Publishers, 1994. Thanks to Jahanshah Javid (www.iranian.com) for sharing it.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com